These totally LOW-carb zucchini fries are delicious with or without a ranch dressing dip! They are easy peasy and BAKED, which frees you up to visit with your guests while waiting! Waiting is the hardest part!
- 2 medium size zucchini
- 2 eggs
- Small splash of heavy whipping cream
- Approximately 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil
- Spray foil liberally with non-stick cooking spray
- Cut zucchini into approximately ¼ - ⅜" planks and then cut each plank in half lengthwise for nice long fries.
- Beat eggs and cream together in a shallow bowl suitable for immersing fries one at a time.
- Place cheese on a plate spread out for coating your zucchini.
- Dip each fry into your egg mixture and then settle it onto your bed of Parmesan cheese and lightly coat all sides.
- Place fries in a single layer onto your prepared cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet on middle rack of preheated oven.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Gently turn fries over.
- Bake 15 minutes more or until fries are nice and golden brown.
- Remove to serving plate and salt if desired.*
Herbs can be added to the cheese as desired.
Super simple yet totally low-carb delicious! Great for a side dish or cut smaller for appetizers with ranch dressing for dipping! Either way you are going to love them!
You can also change them up by using hand-crushed pork rinds for breading or using a combination of Parmesan and the rinds! You can also use yellow summer squash instead of zucchini if that is what you have in the house or available!
In the meantime, that’s the skinny on getting and staying skinny today!
Ciao for now! ~Marge
*articles may contain affiliate links to help feed my blogging habit and family*
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.