... Deliciously Low Carb!
When I rounded up my favorite summer salad recipes last week my family thought I had lost it! Why you ask? Because I had totally forgotten to include my simple yet deliciously low-carb sour cream cucumber recipe that has been in our family since my mom!
This one is so simple to make I had to back up and actually measure the ingredients as I made it today! Yes, it is very forgiving so you don’t have to be exact when making it. Just give the dressing a taste or two to see if it’s to your liking and go from there. But for those of you that prefer recipes with measurements here you go:
- 1 Large Cucumber; sliced thin
- Salt for "weeping"
- Small Sweet or Red Onion; sliced thin and separated into rings
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 4 tsp Vinegar
- Optional: artificial sweetener
- Wash and peel (to eliminate half the carbs) one large cucumber.
- Thinly slice the cucumbers onto a plate and salt.
- Set aside for ½ hour to "weep" while you make the dressing and work on the rest of your meal.
- Whisk sour cream and vinegar together. Add small amount of sweetener if desired.
- Drain excess water off cucumbers and add onion rings to your bowl.
- Cover with dressing, salt and pepper to taste, cover and refrigerate for flavors to meld.
It’s very easy and you can change it up by simply adding additional ingredients like grape tomatoes, slice sweet peppers, etc. The skies the limit! What would YOU add? I love hearing your ideas so be sure to leave them in a comment below!
In the meantime ciao for now!
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.