...that won't sabotage your diet!
I hear it all the time! You do fine with meals but snacks are what are throwing you off track! You’ve got the MUNCHIES!!! Believe me, it’s not just you! I know how you feel! I felt and feel the same way too! The secret to succeeding is that when you sit down to watch TV or you are reaching for a mid-afternoon snack have low-carb alternatives available so you don’t sabotage your low-carb diet!
Here are some easy to buy or make snacks that are low carb and will keep you on track while losing weight! Some are simpler than others but we all know that once in a while you are going to want to snack on pizza or wings! That’s completely okay! Just make low-carb ones! There are lots available and I have linked to tons of recipes you can pick from!
If you are still in your first couple weeks and in Phase 1 induction the list is going to be a little limited only because you cannot eat nuts or nut-products…that just means eat the wings, not the pizza, or make a pizza stuffed in a mushroom cap! It’s all doable! Those two weeks pass quickly and then you can have anything on the list! Just look at all you can eat!
- CarbMaster (available @ any Kroger-affiliated store) yogurt – add diced berries and sugar-free whipped cream – Freeze CarbMaster yogurt for an ice cream like snack!
- Bacon! Yes just bacon! Or dip the ends in sugar-free chocolate for a real treat!
- Sugar-Free Candy, whether purchased or homemade
- Cheese (limit to 4 ounces per day total) being careful to check the carb count – String, Laughing Cow and Mini Babybel Rounds are usually safe take-with-you cheeses
- Cheese Crackers
- Chicken Wings
- Chocolate Truffles
- Cupcakes in a Minute
- Celery stuffed with cream cheese, peanut butter, Laughing Cow cheese, Guacamole, tuna or chicken salad
- Cream Cheese as a dip; in celery or on low-carb crackers
- Deviled eggs
- Dill pickles
- Edamame in moderation – serve in salted shells to savor slowly
- Fat Bombs
- Faux Cheetos
- Faux Popcorn
- Hard boiled eggs
- Jerky – Beef, Turkey or Bacon
- Jicama Fries
- Lettuce Roll-ups – Roll luncheon meat, egg salad, tuna or other filling and/or veggies in lettuce leaves
- Low-carb crackers
- Low-carb snack bars like Atkins or Quest
- Low-carb shakes
- Low-Carb Trail or Granola Mix
- Lunch Meat Roll-ups — Roll cheese or veggies in lunch meat (read the labels for carbs on the lunch meat)
- Muffin in a Mug
- Mushrooms stuffed with cheese spread
- Nuts – Almonds and pecans in particular – plain or seasoned – Macadamias or Peanuts in moderation
- Pepperoni “chips” — Zap the slices in the microwave! Great for scooping up guacamole and other low-carb dips
- Pickle Roll Ups
- Pork rinds, with or without dip
- Raw low-carb veggies and spinach dip, or other low-carb dip like low-carb hummus
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Salami-cream cheese rollups
- Salted Caramel Cake made in a minute!
- Shrimp Cocktail with low-carb cocktail sauce
- Smoked salmon and cream cheese on cucumber slices
- Spread low-carb dip or spread on lunch meat or lettuce and roll up
- String Cheese
- Stuffed mushrooms
- Sugar-free Jello, alone or with sugar-free whipped cream or try any of a number of sugar-free jello based snacks!
- Sunflower Seeds
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list as there are lots more you can have so it may be edited at any time as I find new and delicious snacks! The updated list will always be available as a page located under the “Low Carb Lifestyle” tab located at the top of any page!
If you have a snack to add please leave it in your comment below! In the meantime, that’s the skinny on staying skinny while snacking!
Ciao for now! ~Marge
*articles may contain affiliate links to help feed my blogging habit and family*
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.