When you read my recent post about low-carb cocktails for summer you will have found a mojito recipe. While the recipe listed only calls for a sugar substitute authentic mojitos in Mexico are made with both raw sugar and simple syrup made from white cane sugar. If you want a taste of Mexico in your mojito here is an easy recipe for a low-carb simple syrup you can use in all your recipes!
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups Splenda
- Add Splenda to water in small pot.
- Bring water/sugar mixture to a boil stirring until all the splenda is dissolved
- Allow to boil without stirring (to prevent crystals) and remove from heat
- Leave to cool
- Store covered in refrigerator up to 3 months.
- Add to all your recipes without the guilt!
What is your favorite use for simple syrup? I would love to hear! Please leave a comment or link to your article in your comment below!
In the meantime, ciao for now!
*articles may contain affiliate links to help feed my blogging habit and family*
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.