...including my Low-Carb Pasta REVIEW!
I was looking for fast and easy dinners to make for lots of people when we were at the beach recently. My daughter-in-law is vegetarian with the exception of shrimp so shrimp scampi was a great dish to make and serve! I even served it over fettuccine noodles! LOW-CARB fettuccine noodles! REALLY! Find out how I accomplished that and grab my recipe below!
Unlike the Dreamfield fake low carb imposter (did you get your settlement check last week?) this one has been tested to be the genuine article and (spoiler alert) my family loves it!
I actually boiled up one pot of the Impastable fettuccine and another of traditional high-carb fettuccine noodles and let everyone pick which one they wanted to try. To their credit they all took some of each so they could judge one against the other. To a fault every single one of us said that while the Impastable low carb pasta did not have the exact same texture as traditional it has all the taste! Topped with the shrimp scampi they were just as content (at a fraction of the carbs) with the low carb fettuccine.
I did find that you have to be careful not to overcook them but if you did that the texture is more like traditional pasta noodles.
Impastable low carb pasta fettuccine is sold by both the ThinSlim company and Netrition at the same price. I order through either depending on what else I am buying at the time. If I have a Netrition order ready to go I pop a couple bags of them into my cart, otherwise if ThinSlim is running a special I order from them.
Right now ThinSlim Company is offering their Sample Pack (so you can try a sampling of a variety of their products) at 50% off if you use the promo code SamplerPack at checkout.
Netrition carries a huge variety (it’s where I buy my CarbQuik, etc) of low-carb products and great inexpensive flat-rate shipping. So where you buy is up to you, but do grab a bag and give it a try… I know you’ll like it too!
You’ll recall that I gave rave reviews for both the ThinSlim bagels and bread so read those reviews and try those out too! You’ll be glad you did! They both have the most bread-like texture I have found in any low-carb products! I have made french toast and sandwiches out of the bread and love the flexibility it gives us. I always keep some in the freezer. I toss a couple slices on a cooling rack and they thaw in no time!
So the next time you want to make Shrimp Scampi don’t be afraid to serve it over noodles! That is if they are Impastable LOW-CARB noodles!
- 1 pound large raw shrimp; cleaned
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 3 TBSP salted butter
- 1 TBSP minced garlic (approximately 4 cloves)
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (to taste)
- ½ cup dry white wine OR vegetable or chicken broth as desired
- 2 TBSP finely chopped parsley
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 8 ounces Impastable low-carb fettuccine noodles cooked as directed on package
- Heat a pan to medium high heat.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in the pan.
- Allow mixture to foam up and then subside and then stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Sauté the garlic for one minute, until it begins to brown at the edges.
- Add the shrimp and wine (or broth) and stir to coat the shrimp with the sauce.
- Arrange the shrimp so they are in an even layer in the pan.
- Increase the heat to high and soft boil the wine for two to three minutes to burn off the alcohol.
- Turn the shrimp over and continue to cook one more minute on the other side until shrimp are an opaque white and done.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with parsley, lemon juice, kosher salt and black pepper and toss to combine.
- Serve over Impastable low-carb fettuccine noodles.
Carbs for the finished dish will be dependent on any variations you make but are generally very low and made with wine and served over the Impastable noodles you are talking approximately 10 net carbs per serving.
There you have it! A very traditional Italian dish you can serve your whole family and still stick to your low-carb lifestyle! Need to feed a whole crew like I did? Just double or triple the recipe and the number of bags of pasta! BUT make PLENTY! Everyone, from the youngest preschooler to the oldest adult loves this one!
What recipe will you be using the Impastable low carb pasta in? You can sub it into any dish that calls for traditional noodles! Even soup! The sky’s the limit! I love to hear from you so please give us some suggestions in your comment below or stop by the Facebook group! I’d love to see you!
If you found this useful, helpful or interesting please give it a thumbs up and share it with all your friends!
Ciao for now!
*articles may contain affiliate links to help feed my blogging habit and family*
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.