Happy Peanut Brittle Day! Who KNEW? Well since it is let’s celebrate with low carb peanut brittle!
- ¼ pound butter, cut into 8 pieces
- ½ cup granulated erythritol
- 1 cup peanuts
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and spray paper with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Once your butter has melted add erythritol and turn heat to medium. Stir constantly until erythritol has dissolved and the mixture boils.
- Stirring continuously, gently boil mixture for 10 to 15 minutes until it begins to darken and caramelize. Adjust heat if necessary so that it does not cook too quickly and when done your mixture should register (if using a candy thermometer) a bit above 300°F.
- Remove your pan from heat and stir in peanuts and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into your prepared pan and let cool.
- Break into desired sized pieces and ENJOY!
1/2 cup of erythritol has 96 carbohydrates BUT also 96 alcohol sugars for a net of ZERO!
This simple and easy recipe can be tweaked to use various other nuts and flavorings. I think my husband Michael might like walnuts or pecans with maple extract and both have far less carbs than even peanuts! Almonds would be good too with just a slightly higher (14) net carb count. Split up among the whole batch that would be pretty negligible IF he doesn’t eat it all in one sitting! LOL!
So HAPPY Peanut Brittle Day! Do you have a recipe for brittle or peanuts you’d like to share? Please leave it in your comment below or join us over on #TheLowCarbChallenge Facebook group and share with everyone! We’d be thrilled to have you!
In the meantime that’s the skinny on SKINNY!
Ciao for now! ~Marge
*articles may contain affiliate links to help feed my blogging habit and family*
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.