...and Top it OFF with My Marinated Olives & Dressing!
Earlier this week I taught you how to make my Marinated Olives. Now you get to take those, along with the dressing and transform it into an amazing Mediterranean Zoodle SALAD!
- Zucchini; cut into zoodle/noodles
- Sweet Onion; diced
- Grape Tomatoes; halved
- Fresh Thyme; leaves stripped from stems
- Fresh Oregano; chopped finely
- Marinated Olives
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- Marinated Olive Dressing
- Cubed Feta
- Cubed Pepperoni
- Cubed Salami
- Banana Pepper Rings
- Make zoodles out of the zucchini using a vegetable spiralizer.
- Cut the zoodles into manageable lengths.
- Add diced sweet onion, halved grape tomatoes, fresh herbs along with assorted marinated olives and any optional ingredients of your choice.
- Toss with dressing from your marinated olives, squeeze ½ a lemon over your finished salad and serve with lemon wedges from the other half.
First you need to make your zoodles. You can read all about them in a previous post (and my favorite spiralizer is pictured in the clickable photo below) and here’s a quick video showing how easy they are to make:
I love using the dressing from my marinated olives for this salad. If you don’t have a batch made you can use a bottled dressing. I prefer a low-carb Greek or Italian dressing. Bare Foods Inc makes a delicious 7-Herb Italian Dressing that will add to but not interfere with the flavors of the salad. A Greek dressing you should check out is called Gazebo Room Greek Salad Dressing. It is carried in some grocery stores around the United States but if you cannot find it you can order it from Amazon.
Additional ingredients individualize your salad. Just remember to add those carbs into your daily count as you toss them in. I love cubing up feta and/or mozzarella cheese, pepperoni or salami. Adding sweet banana pepper rings and pepperoncinis. Go through your refrigerator and toss in any flavors you think your family and guests will love. Want a smokier flavor? Add some bacon bits just before serving!
I would love to hear any that you and your family love so be sure to leave a comment below. In the meantime enjoy this fresh salad and ciao for now!
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.