Considering that low carbers avoid bread like the plague it’s no surprise that we don’t indulge in french toast… until NOW! With my french toast recipe you will go back to your indulgent ways with tomorrow’s breakfast!
- 3 TBSP butter (melted)
- 4 TBSP Water
- 4 Large Eggs
- 4 TBSP Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- Splash of heavy whipping cream
- Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar-Free Pancake Syrup
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a bowl taking care not to get it too hot.
- Add 4 tablespoons of water to help cool down butter.
- Add 4 large eggs, whisking to blend into the butter and water.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder, whisking to remove all lumps.
- Spread mixture into the bottom of a 10' x 10" microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave 6 to 7 minutes until center is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut into 9 equal pieces.
- Mix 2 eggs with a good splash of heavy whipping cream in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg wash.
- Fry on both sides a skillet or griddle prepared with non-stick spray until your french toast is golden brown.
- Serve with lots of butter and sugar-free syrup!
At only 1 net carb per slice you have to admit this is a very filling breakfast! While not the same texture as traditional bread my family liked it just as well. I purposely kept a serving back to see how it would cook up with day old, like we do with traditional bread. I’ll be sure to let you know those results!
In the meantime, ciao for now!
*articles may contain affiliate links to help feed my blogging habit and family*
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.