...you won't believe what they are made from!
These low-carb cheesy “bread” sticks are such are such a fooler that unless you tell your friends and family what they are made from they will NEVER guess!
I made these with a relatively new product out in the market, prepackaged riced cauliflower! I defrosted one 12 ounce package of Organic Riced Cauliflower distributed by Trader Joes in their frozen foods aisle. I buy a dozen bags at a time and keep my freezer stocked!
You can also buy the Green Giant brand Cauliflower Crumbles sold in the fresh produce section of your local grocery stores. They make the job super fast and easy without the fuss and muss of having to grate fresh head cauliflower into rice-size pieces! But, if that’s all you have you can certainly use it.
- 1- 12 ounce package of Trader Joes Organic Riced Cauliflower; defrosted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Kraft Three Cheese shredded cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place defrosted cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cover with a plate. Microwave 10 minutes.
- Place cooked cauliflower rice in a large bowl with eggs, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop riced cauliflower mixture into the middle of your parchment lined cookie sheet and pat out into a rectangle approximately 6" x 12" patting the edges for a firm edge.
- Bake 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with ½ cup each of mozzarella and three cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 additional minutes or until cheeses are melted and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and cool for a couple minutes to set.
- Cut into approximately 1" x 3" "bread" stick "fingers" with sharp pizza cutter.
- Serve warm with low-carb marinara sauce.
At only 1 net carb per finger it’s a great substitute for high-calorie traditional bread sticks! Just don’t pig out and eat the whole batch! They are very filling and I found that just 4 with my salad was plenty. We ate the rest for lunch the next day. They are good at room temperature, especially when lightly dipped into a low-carb marinara sauce.
I am not joking when I said that no one will know what these are made from! My husband Michael watched me make them and then swore there was no cauliflower in them! They taste just like any traditional bread stick! We ate them served with my low-carb wilted spinach salad and it was great!
Of course you can doctor them up too! Add pepperoni, well-drained sausage or ground beef crumbles, bacon or any other pizza topping you’d like! Just remember to add on any extra carbs you may include in your final mouthful!
What would you add? I love hearing from you! Please let us know in your comment below! In the meantime if you like this recipe check out this HUGE recipe roundup for “insane” ways to use cauliflower in your low-carb recipes and cooking and if that’s not enough here’s a great cookbook that includes 150 MORE recipes for you to try and it’s cheap! It’s a Kindle eBook BUT you do NOT have to own a Kindle to read/use it! I don’t have one and I use them all the time. Just download this app to any computer or mobile device (phone OR tablet) and you can use them too!
please take a moment to give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends using the social media links below!
Ciao for now!
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.