Keep in mind is that according to USDA standards any food that is less than one carb per serving is listed on their site as zero carbs. So if you’re smart you will still do your research and figure at least SOME total net (carbs minus fiber minus any sugar alcohols) carbs per day for those that have at least a trace. ie. they say that eggs are zero carbs when in fact they are just over 1/2 net carb each depending on their size. So just be sure to add a little in for those you eat.
To actively LOSE weight I try to stay under 20 net carbs per day. To help in my goal I do employ the use of an all-natural carb inhibitor that really works and if I use it in conjunction with a low-carb <20 carbs per day diet it melts the pounds off!
Without further delay here’s a list of essentially ZERO-CARB foods to help YOU lose weight:
- Cow beef and veal
- Fowl – turkey, chicken, duck, goose, cornish hen, quail, etc.
- Seafood – mollusks such as clams and oysters
- Seafood – shellfish such as lobster, shrimp, squid, and crab
- Seafood – all other types of freshwater and saltwater fish, such as catfish, bass, salmon, tuna, trout, flounder, halibut
- Game meats such as deer (venison), bison, ostrich, caribou, etc.
- Organs of animals, such as heart, tongue, kidneys, brain, liver, etc.
Be aware that processed meats such as sausages. hot dogs, etc. can have hidden carbs due to their additives. Be sure to check the packaging.
- Various oils such as olive oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, soybean oil, corn oil, peanut oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil
- Whole olives
- Ground cinnamon
- Many hot sauces
- Mixed seasonings, such as Mrs. Dash
- Yellow mustard
- Animal fats including lard and fish oil
- Vegetable shortening
- Butter substitutes like margarine
- Cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Muenster cheese
- Camembert cheese
- American pasteurized processed cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Regular mayonnaise
- Zero-carb beverages such as sodas
- Butterhead lettuce
- Artificial sweeteners
- Dry gelatin
- Gin, rum, vodka, whiskey
- Water, coffee, and tea if nothing is added
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.