Yummy candy that helps you get the extra dose of fat you need at the same time so you LOSE weight? Sound contrary to everything you’ve ever thought when dieting? Well guess what? It works! These delicious candies are super simple to make and can actually HELP you lose weight! They come in all SORTS of flavors:
Let’s start off with a recipe for ONE fat bomb at a time! Because sometimes that’s all you want or need…and some people have no self control! LOL! I always recommend making up a batch and freezing them, then you have to at least think twice before going overboard on them!
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 packet (2 tsp) Splenda or sweetener of choice
- Add one or more of the following:
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Melt butter and coconut oil in microwave approximately 20 to 30 seconds until just melted
- Stir in sweetener
- Pour into silicone molds of your choice
- Freeze until solid enough to handle to eat
Would you rather make a whole tray at a time? The silicone candy molds make that easy too! You can even use mini ice cube trays so keep your eyes open and use your imagination! Here’s a standard big batch recipe that you can easily adapt for lots of different flavors:
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil
- 9-1/2 TBSP almond butter
- 60 drops (about ⅜ tsp) liquid Stevia or sweetener of your choice to desired sweetness
- 3 TBSP unsweetened cocoa
- 9 TBSP. melted salted butter
- Mix all five ingredients together
- Put silicone candy mold(s) on a cookie sheet that will fit into your freezer
- Spoon approximately 2 TBSP of the chocolate mixture into 24 silicone molds; in lieu of silicone molds, which make it easy to turn them out, you can use paper tart liners.
- Freeze a minimum of 30 minutes or until your fat bombs are set
- Pop individual candies out and place inside a ziploc bag or plastic container and store in freezer
- Fat bombs may be stored in your refrigerator short term but they melt quickly when in contact with your fingers, frozen ones stay intact longer!
Rather have someone else do the experimenting? Sure! Here’s a roundup of some of the best fat bomb recipes:
Let’s start with the traditional chocolate recipe with a twist. Karen of Living Low Carb calls hers Coconut Oil Candies adds a bit of sea salt to enhance the chocolate and rolls them in finely shredded coconut!
How about adding almonds to the mix? They are low in carbs and add a different flavor. While Inside the Bubble adds the flavor with the use of almond butter I do her one more and add coarsely ground toasted almonds for a great CRUNCH! Do check out her Chocolate Almond Delights! I do LOVE her use of sugar-free salted caramel syrup! I love that in my bullet proof coffee!
What is more natural than adding peanut butter to your fat bombs? That’s exactly what The Low Carb Coach did with his Peanut Butter Fat Bombs! I love that he included chopped peanuts, of course you could use crunchy peanut butter too.
Now let’s take a complete departure from chocolate! YES! You are only limited by your imagination! Check out this wonderful LEMON fat bomb recipe by Gretchen of All the Love Without the Wheat!
Or how about BERRY fat bombs? Yep! That’s exactly what you will find at the Whole Natural Life site! Use any combination of low-carb berries; strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc. for a wonderful departure from chocolate! She mentions cherries but I usually steer clear of them because of their higher sugar content.
Looking for an easy silicone mold tof making your fat bombs? Then you will LOVE this one! a full THIRTY fat bombs ready to pop in the freezer and have ready whenever the mood strikes!
There you go! 1/2 dozen fat bomb recipes AND a single bomb recipe thrown in for good measure too! Which is YOUR favorite? Have another one you absolutely love? Tell me which you like or want to try or about your own with your comment below!
In the meantime, CIAO for now!
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.