Want something fast and easy for dessert or snack that your family and friends (unless they follow you into your kitchen) will think you fussed over? How about chocolate salted-caramel cake? Don’t let them in on your secret BUT you can make it in a minute! Well, okay, maybe three by the time you get everything out, mix and microwave it but it will cook in ONE minute!
- 1 TBSP ground flaxseed flour/meal
- 2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 long squirt of Stevia to Go
- 1 to 2 TBSP sugar-free salted caramel syrup
- Dash of salt
- Mix all ingredients until blended well.
- Lightly spray ramekin(s) or small microwave-safe vegetable bowl with non-stick cooking oil.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Repeat if necessary at 10 second intervals until center is set but not dry. Time will vary dependent on your microwave.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Split into two servings to share!
- Top with desired toppings and serve.
At only 2.75 net carbs per serving you can add whatever toppings you like! Just remember to add those into your overall net carb count. You can even vary the flavor by using different flavored sugar-free syrups! Netrition carries 44 of them so you are only limited by your imagination as you can mix and match them! Chocolate amaretto anyone???
What would you top yours with? Leave a comment below or hop on over to our Facebook group and leave it there! We’re thrilled to have you!
In the meantime that’s the skinny on a delicious skinny dessert today!
Ciao for now! ~Marge
*articles may contain affiliate links to help feed my blogging habit and family*
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.