... Certified Low-Carb Delicious!
O-M-G!!! It was cold, gray and rainy the other day so I decided that soup, chowder or chili was in order. The result is this absolutely delicious low-carb chili that my husband cannot get enough of! You’ll love it too!
- 1# Leftover Rotisserie Chicken (approximately 4 to 6 cups depending on what you have on hand and how meaty you want your chili)
- (1) 10 ounce can RoTel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies; drained
- (1) 14.5 ounce can Stewed Tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- (1) packet ranch dressing mix
- (1) 15 ounce can whole baby corn; drained - NOT regular corn!
- (1) 15 ounce can black soy beans (optional)
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Seasoned Salt
- ½ tsp Dried Cilantro
- Salt to taste
- (1) 8 ounce brick of full-fat cream cheese
- 1 - 2 tsp Arrowroot Starch in a small amount of cool water; mixed
- Sprinkling of Ground Cumin to taste
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Bacon Bits
- Chopped Green Onions
- Chopped Chives
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tabasco Sauce
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Remove "leftover" chicken from bones and place in large 5 to 6 quart slow cooker
- Add remaining ingredients except Arrowroot Starch/Water mixture, cream cheese, Ground Cumin and optional toppings to crockpot and mix thoroughly
- Place cream cheese on top
- Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 8
- Stir cream cheese into chili
- Add Arrowroot to small amount of water and thicken to desired consistency
- Sprinkle with Ground Cumin and stir
- Allow to cook another ½ hour on Low
- Serve with a topping buffet of your choosing
- Stand back and let the compliments roll in!
This makes a lot of chili, certainly enough for a whole family or for my Souper Bowl Sunday I host every year so my guests can look forward to this one this year! It will be fun to serve it straight out of the crock with a topping buffet!
You can easily substitute leftover turkey in lieu of chicken and the black soy beans while optional take on the flavors of the chili and are very low in carbs while being really filling!
The variety of toppings is up to you! What one topping will you be sure to include on your topping buffet? Please leave it in your comment below! In the meantime, ciao for now!
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.