Every day during the warm weather months I am asked what side dish can I make to take to a party, picnic or cookout. Every day I tell them there are lots of recipes that can be adapted for a low-carb lifestyle! So what is one of my go-to dishes that everyone loves? Broccoli salad!
I have made my broccoli salad for years and it didn’t take much to adapt my recipe so that no one knows that it is any different than what they have eaten at my picnics for literally years!
- 1 head broccoli flowerettes; cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small sweet or red onion; diced
- 1 large handful bacon crumbles
- 1 cup pecans; roughly chopped
- 1 cup full-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup Splenda or other sugar free sweetener of your choice
- 2 TBSP white or apple cider vinegar (add a bit more if necessary to get desired consistency)
- ⅛ - ¼ cup raisins or craisins; minced
- Combine broccoli flowerettes, onion, pecans and onions in a medium sized bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients; mayonnaise, Splenda and vinegar in a small bowl, adding additional vinegar if necessary to get a good salad dressing consistency, until smooth and well blended.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients (including raisin bits if desired) until well coated but not drenched. Refrigerate salad and any leftover dressing.
Leftover dressing is great as a tossed salad sweet and sour dressing.
Easy peasy DELICIOUS and sure to be a hit with your family and guests! I make up a big bowl so I have leftovers to serve with leftovers throughout our week! When doing so sometimes I freshen it up with fresher bacon bits (I love to buy them buy the big bag from Costco!) adding a bit of dressing as required, but it’s usually pull it out of the fridge and serve!
My guests love this recipe as well as my faux “potato” salad! Do you have a favorite go-to picnic recipe? I love hearing from you! Please leave a link in your comment below!
If you found this useful or helpful please give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends. In the meantime, ciao for now!
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.