Low carb usually means giving up bread, (unless you read my blog and then you know you can make ALL THESE!) including pizza crust. BUT that doesn’t mean you have to give up pizza! REALLY! Here are 21 low carb pizza recipes that you can eat every day of the week and continue to lose weight with your low-carb lifestyle!
I think the most “famous” pizza recipe for low carb diets is called Fathead Pizza. Some people, like Elizabeth Nimphius over on YouTube actually call it their Holy Grail pizza crust! It is simple and easy to make, just be SURE to use parchment paper on the top and bottom when you roll it out so that it doesn’t stick. She tried (she mentions it in her video comments) using waxed paper on top but you’ll see that did stick a bit.
Check out how super easy this crust is to make in her video below. Once you have the crust made you use it like you would any traditional pizza crust, adding whatever low carb toppings you’d like and then pop it back into the oven to finish baking until you have ooey gooey low carb goodness!
You are going to want to top your pizza with a good quality low carb sauce. While you can buy some ready made (I sometimes just adapt this low carb red sauce) this easy no cook pizza sauce by Fluffy Chix Cook is super simple and delicious while staying low carb!
Take it one step farther and use her Boboli copycat pizza crust recipe! A must if you like a thicker crust for your pizza! Isn’t it pretty? I can almost taste it just looking at the picture! MMMM!!! Next time I think I am going to try it with some dipping oil!
There are, of course other low carb pizza recipes. Here are but a few of the best traditional pizza pie type recipes you can try:
A man of few words Dominic simply calls his recipe what it is, Low Carb Pizza. It might be simple to make but you can make it as complex as you’d like with your toppings as this great crust can support them all! O don’t know about you but I can all but smell that pepperoni and spices now!
- NANCYELLE’S THIN AND CRISPY PIZZA CRUST by genaw.com
- Almond Flour Pizza Crust by Carolyn of All Day I Dream About Food
- Ultimate Cheese Crust Pizza By Cut the Wheat Ditch the Sugar
- Almond Flour Pizza by Tracy and Katie’s Kitchen
- Coconut Flour Pizza by Eat Grow Live Paleo
- BBQ Chicken Cauliflower Pizza Crust from Closet Cooking
- Greek Pizza by Peace Love and Low Carb
- another cauliflower based crust is presented by Your Lighter Side; and she kept it Vegetarian Gourmet!
Want an alternative to crust with your pizza? You can certainly do that and there are several ways you can go!
- Zucchini Pizzas by Beyond Diet
- another variation of zucchini pizza by Slender Kitchen
- OR try grilling your zucchini! Try Grilled Zucchini Pizzas are from Kalyn’s Kitchen. These are GREAT because you can make them while CAMPING!
Not into zucchini or had too much of it this season? Try eggplant!
- Julia Child’s Eggplant Pizzas by Kalyn’s Kitchen
- OR Butternut Squash Pizza by Empowered Sustenance
You can make pizza atop MUSHROOMS whether BIG or small, for a meal or appetizer!
- Make delicious Baby Bella Pizza Bites like Your Lighter Side for a fun and delicious meal or appetizer!
- OR make it into a full fledged meal use a BIG portabella mushroom for the base of your pizza as they do in this recipe by Curry and Comfort.
So you can see there is NO need to ever give up pizza just because you are living a low carb lifestyle! Do you see YOUR favorite low-carb pizza recipe listed here? Know of another we should know about? Go ahead an put a link to yours with your comment below! Who knows, I may include it in my next low-carb pizza roundup!
In the meantime, ciao for now!
*this article may contain affiliate links to help feed my blogging habit and family*
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.