One “guilty” pleasure when eating low carb is nuts! Even those that are following the Atkins diet will find they love this low-carb cinnamon “sugared” nuts for a quick and easy snack after their induction phase!
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp cold water
- 4 cups whole nuts (can be almonds, pecans, walnuts or a combination)
- ½ cup Splenda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Lightly spray a lipped cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- Lightly beat the egg white.
- Add water and beat until frothy but not stiff.
- Add the nuts and stir until well coated.
- Mix the Splenda, salt and cinnamon and sprinkle over the nuts.
- Toss to coat; spread evenly on the prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Want a different flavor? Check out some of these:
Try out these delicious Dark Chocolate Covered Walnuts that are only a little over 4 net carbs per serving:
Don’t want actual chocolate? Try cocoa dusted or coated almonds, pecans or walnuts! Linda at Genaw.com has this Cocoa Coated Walnut recipe where you hold the powdered cocoa on with egg white:
OR you can try Brenda Bennett’s (also known as the SugarFree Mom) recipe for a Sugar-Free Cocoa Dusted Almonds:
For a real change of pace Carolyn at All Day I Dream About Food has a great Buffalo Spiced recipe for cocktail nuts:
And if you want really spicy try this Five Minute Sweet Spiced Pecans from Food.com tastes it’s heat from cayenne peppers:
So what’s YOUR favorite way of dressing up nuts and keeping them low carb at the same time? Please share with us below! We’d love to check it out!
In the meantime, CIAO for now!
*articles may contain affiliate links to help feed my blogging habit and family*
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.