...Certified LOW-CARB Delicous!
Last week someone on our Facebook group posted a video recipe of a Cabbage Roll Soup made by Holly of Spending with Pennies and asked if we could make it low-carb delicious. Of course we can! I made it this week!
- • 1 medium Onion, diced
- • 1-1/2 tsp Garlic, minced
- • 1 lb Ground Beef or Venison
- • ½ lb lean ground pork
- • 1 medium head of Cabbage, cored and chopped
- • 2 (14.5oz) cans Diced Tomatoes
- • 2 TBSP Tomato Paste
- • 4 cups Beef Broth (I made mine with bullion and water)
- • 1½ cups Vegetable Juice
- • 1 tsp Penzey’s Smoky 4/S Spice Blend OR Smoked Paprika
- • 1 tsp dried Thyme
- • 1 Bay Leaf
- • Kosher Salt and fresh ground Pepper to taste
- • 1 – 12 ounce bag Riced Cauliflower; thawed
- In a large pot, brown onion, garlic, pork and beef.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Stir in chopped cabbage and let cook until slightly softened (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and simmer or transfer to a 350°F oven for approximately 45 minutes until flavors blend and bubbly hot.
- Add riced cauliflower and cook another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
I used venison my son gave me, which is naturally lean and the Penzey’s Smoky 4S Sea Salt blend that includes paprika, which I was (EEK!!!) out of! I need to make a trip to my local Penzeys because their smoked paprika runs absolute rings around anything you can buy in a grocery store.
I buy my organic riced cauliflower at my local Trader Joe’s. It’s in the frozen department and just makes my life easier as I can always have it on hand. But you can rice your own or buy the riced variety at Trader Joe’s or your local grocery store. They all work and take the place of rice in many recipes.
This makes a LOT! We ate our fill the when I made it a few nights ago, are having leftovers tonight AND I am planning on serving what’s left over roasted spaghetti squash!
Cook once and eat three times? That’s a win/win for me! Is it for you? I would love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment below!
In the meantime, I am going to go have leftovers for dinner! SCORE!
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.