If you want an absolutely DELICIOUS stick to your ribs breakfast try my sausage and biscuits recipe! YES! Using the correct ingredients it is entirely, incredibly LOW carb!
My husband Michael grew up eating sausage gravy and biscuits and absolutely love it! I on the other hand had never had it until I made it for him.
Unfortunately once we started eating low carb I thought that delicacy was lost to us forever… but NO! Here’s the recipe I came up with so that we can still have sausage gravy and biscuits… low-carb style! AND this rendition of the biscuits is so good that we like them plain, just slathered with butter! I just know you’ll love them too!
- 1-1/2 cups Carbquik
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp Splenda
- Pinch of salt
- 1# breakfast sausage of your choice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup water
- 2 TBSP Carbquik
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F and butter or prepare a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Mix egg, cream and water and then add Splenda and salt.
- Mix Carbquik and baking powder together.
- Add dry ingredients to egg/cream mixture.
- Stir until blended and drop by spoonful onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Brush with butter while still hot.
- Crumble breakfast sausage into a non-stick pan and saute until brown.
- Sprinkle with Carbquik and stir to blend.
- Cook approximately one minute.
- Combine the cream and water and add to the sausage.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until you achieve desired consistency.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve sausage gravy over prepared (additionally buttered if desired) biscuits.
I cannot find Carbquik in my local stores BUT I have found the lowest cost online source where I find all those low carb hard to find items! It’s a site called Netrition.com and it’s GREAT! With their low flat rate shipping you just can’t go wrong! I have never found anyone to top their service, speedy delivery, great packing or price!
Do you have a favorite low carb sausage gravy over biscuits recipe? I would love to hear all about it in your comment below or stop by our Low Carb Challenge Facebook support group! We’d love to have you!
In the meantime, CIAO for now!
p.s. if you don’t have Netrition available to you Amazon offers CarbQuik too! I always have some in my pantry closet!
Always consult your healthcare professional if you are currently taking medication, pregnant, trying to get pregnant, nursing, or if you have any other health condition before taking any products mentioned or applying any information contained herein.